Paid Search, sometimes referred to as PPC or Pay Per Click is a form of internet marketing whereby you – the advertiser – pays a fee each time one of your ads is clicked and the visitor is directed to your website.
The add appears in the search engine beside ‘natural listings’.
It is a method of buying visits to a website.
The most popular PPC programme is Google Adwords
What are the benefits of PPC?
- You can be seen by customers when they search for a specific product or service that you supply.
- It can help generate business and sales in a very targeted way.
- If you own a shop or business you can target local customers, who are more likely to visit.
- You can set your own budget (e.g. £20.00 or £30.00 per day)
- No visit, no Fee. You only pay if someone clicks through to your website or calls you.
- You will get very specific reports that allow you to monitor which ads perform better than others.
- You can start and stop a campaign whenever you like e.g. in the run up to an event or a sales promotion.
- It works on multiple devices. You can can reach your customers whether they are on SmartPhone, Tablet or PC